Recent Posts

Sunday, February 9, 2014

plan. plan. plan. repeat.


“If you talk about it, it’s a dream, if you envision it, it’s possible, but if you schedule it, it’s real.”

Planning.  I am learning that is the gold key to a consistent health regimen.  I have spent [so much] time thinking about my workouts, my meals, my strong body, and my positive mind.  But I've had these thoughts for YEARS! Pretty much ever since I stopped playing competitive sports. 

And it's because I stink at planning.  I'm the girl who buys a shiny new planner every January and has the fullest intentions in using it and keeping my life organized and on schedule.  And if you happen to look past January 17th, you would witness blank pages except for the occasional birthday.  Planning has always been a fault of mine.  I cram things in my brain.  I did this in high school and college...I do this now.  And it works for me.  I don't miss out on events or appointments.  But this cramming doesn't work when it comes to eating right and exercising smart.

If you can't commit to planning meals and preparing meals - then this journey will fizzle out in no time. Trust me, that's been my biggest hurdle.  I'm not a cook and going to the grocery is my least favorite house chore. Prepping was and still is a constant experiment for me, and I will devout blog posts in the future that have helped me out with this. 

As for the fitness, I have downloaded some awesome apps to my iPhone and iPad that keep me consistent and motivated.  I can't wait to keep researching then share them with you! 

So take it from me [the non-planner], take the time and SCHEDULE your life!  Schedule everything.  Workouts, friend get-to-gethers, date night with your SO, meals, etc.  In the beginning,  you might feel crazy and that you need to schedule a time for scheduling because it takes so long.  But you'll get the hang of it once you are seeing the benefits of where you spend your time.  Less Netflix, More Life!  [and I love me some Netflix!]







0 comments:

Post a Comment